ADT Connect Review - £99 (Key-holder Response).
Seen the TV advert and want to know more about ADT's Quick Connect security alarms?
Read on to find out all the information you need to know.
Here's what the £99 ADT Quick Connect kit contains
ADT's Quick Connect package consists of the following items:
- 1 x Alarm panel incl. battery
- 1 x Portable keypad
- 1 x Internal siren
- 2 x Wireless movement sensors
- 1 x Door contact
- 1 x External decoy siren box
All kits are installed by a professional ADT installation engineer.
Is the alarm system pet friendly?
Yes. The ADT Alarm now comes with pet friendly detectors as standard, so there is no additional charges if you have pets.
Are there any other costs?
The £99 simply covers the installation of the security alarm equipment listed above.
Whilst this is a great offer, please consider the following 2 points.
- The QuickConnect offer is subject to a £21.99 per month contract for 36 months (with an option to cancel after 18 months). Yes, that's £791.64 in total.
This contract provides you with:
- 24/7 alarm system monitoring (key-holder response only, more on this below)
- 24/7 ADT comprehensive maintenance
- Alarm equipment rental
- You may pay more than £99 depending on your security requirements.
Depending on your security needs and/or you live in a larger property you may require additional alarm equipment. The additional equipment is charged on top of the £99. For example, if you live in a 4 bedroom house with 3 reception rooms on the ground floor you may require the following equipment:
- 3 x Wireless movement sensors (4 if you require coverage upstairs)
- 2 x Door contacts
- Additional ADT QuickConnect Movement Detector: £75 Installed
- Additional ADT QuickConnect Door Contact: £75 Installed
- Additional ADT QuickConnect Personal Panic / Attack buttons: £50 Installed
- Additional ADT QuickConnect Decoy Bellboxes: £30 Installed
Key-holder response. What's this?
In the event of an alarm activation, ADT monitoring centre will inform the nominated keyholder of the premises. If you require extra cover, take a look at ADT Connect package. The Connect package (from £449) offers this feature plus police response.
What happens after the 36 months?
After 36 months, the customer is out of contract but the majority of customers continue to pay a monthly monitoring subscription for total peace of mind. Customers should be aware that they will not own the ADT Quick Connect alarm equipment as this is rented and still remains the property of ADT.
How do I order an ADT Quick Connect Security Alarm?
There are two ways to order:
- Visit ADT and request a quote, or
- Buy through an authorised ADT Agent.
Why do this over going direct?
Well, surprisingly, you can sometimes get a better deal, since the agents are able to offer incentives to buy through them. Obviously the value of the incentive offered comes from the commission they earn from ADT.
It's certainly worth looking into as there are some great deals out there.
What other wireless security alarms do you recommend?
Wireless security alarms have evolved over the past 10 years and have now become something of a consumer product. With the advanced development of wireless technology, a range of wireless security alarms are now available at affordable prices allowing the DIY inclined home-owner to install their own DIY home security system.
We recommend the following wireless security alarms as alternatives ADT alarm systems:
Alternatively, if you would like a comparison, visit our Quick Quote page to get an instant quote from an alarm installer in your area.